Puppy Adventure Camp
We understand that raising a puppy is a lot of work and we are here to help! Send your puppy to our Adventure Camp and let us lay a solid foundation for their social and training skills. Puppies must be between 11 weeks and 6 months of age (older puppies may be allowed upon approval) in order to start and be current on their Distemper/Parvo/Adenovirus/Rabies/Bordetella vaccinations.
When does it take place?
Our program runs on Tuesday and Thursday 8 am- 12 pm. Our session runs for 3-4 hours depending on drop off/pick up times and includes 1 field trip, our daily rate is $75
Drop off’s will begin at 8 am and run until 8:30 am, due to COVID-19 we have to follow a strict procedure:
- Get your puppy out of your car and head over to the grass for a quick potty break
- If no one else is at the building entrance, head over with your puppy, the front door will be open with a gate around the entryway.
- Enter through the gate with your puppy, remove their leash/harness and step back out through the gate
- We will bring your puppy into the training room
Pickups will start at 11:30 am and run until 12 pm, we will follow the above procedure in reverse:
- Wait until no one else is at the building entrance
- You will enter the building and wait at the gate
- We will send your puppy into the lobby
- You will step through the gate and leash/harness up your puppy and you may leave together
The Camp Experience
While your puppy is at camp we want to make sure that we cover all bases to help your puppy live up to its fullest potential. We keep our playgroups small, with 2 puppies to 1 trainer so that we are able to keep them structured and prevent your puppy from practicing inappropriate social behaviors. Your puppy will receive multiple one-on-one and group training sessions throughout their stay. During each session, we load the puppies up and take them for an off-campus field trip to a nearby location for some one-on-one training and exposure to busy environments.
- Social skills: puppy to puppy and puppy to human, this includes puppy biting and structured interaction and play
- Life skills: potty training, separation training, leash skills, handling & husbandry, and problem-solving
- Technical skills: name recognition, sit, down, recall, wait, marker cues (yep, find it, scatter)
- Proprioception & Environmental skills: body awareness exercises, introduction to novel stimuli and surface textures, environmental exploration
How often should my puppy attend?
Consistency is the key to successful training, so we recommend that puppies attend regularly at least once a week but twice a week is even better. All puppies graduate our program at 1 year of age so the sooner you start the better!
*Please note that this program may not be suitable for all puppies, those with severe separation anxiety, social or environmental fear, or over-arousal may benefit more from our individual coaching sessions.
We have had a flood of new puppies enter the program and will not be taking on new puppies until mid-April. Thank you for your understanding. If you would like to be placed on our waitlist please email us at email@example.com